Become a Professional Driver
CFI offers several routes to becoming a professional over-the-road (OTR) driver. We’ll help you start the process, whether or not you have already earned your Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
The average annual income for student drivers is $40,930.* Certain driving school requirements must be met in order to qualify. As a bonus, active military members and veterans can use their U.S. GI Bill benefits to supplement their income up to $1,035 per month during their training and apprenticeship year.
*Based on average 2016 W-2 income.
If you’re working toward obtaining your CDL to begin your driving career at CFI, we’ll make your monthly tuition payments for the first 12 months of employment and then pay off the remainder of your tuition, up to $4,000 total.
With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.
When you drive for CFI, you can count on:
- Thorough training
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Modern, state-of-the-art equipment and safety technologies
- A team that feels like family
A qualified candidate will possess the following**:
- 21 years of age or older
- Live in the CFI hiring area as shown on this page
- Have the right to work and live in the United States
- Be willing to travel throughout all 48 contiguous states and Canada for two to three weeks at a time
- Be willing to attend an CFI–approved truck driving program with a partner school and ability to provide diploma
or certificate of completion from truck driving program
- No BACs, DUIs, DWIs or license suspensions for moving violations in the past five years***
- HAZMAT endorsement or willingness to obtain a HAZMAT endorsement within 120 days of hire
- Ability to meet work attendance and availability requirements and meet all applicable legal and DOT regulations to drive a commercial truck in the United States and Canada
- Ability to pass all applicable CFI certification class testing and requirements
**Additional qualification requirements may exist; please contact the Recruiting department for complete information
***For preventable motor vehicle accidents, moving violations and employment history, CFI reserves the right to judge each applicant on an individual
It is the policy of CFI to provide equal employment and individual opportunity to all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status as protected by federal, state and local governments.
All new hires must pass a post-offer drug screen.