Drivers reached millions of consecutive miles on the road without accident or incident
JOPLIN, Mo. — June 29, 2017 — CFI, a North American full truckload carrier, recently recognized five professional drivers for millions of safe miles on the road. The company celebrated two drivers for reaching 2 million and three drivers for reaching 1 million safely driven consecutive miles during their careers with the company.
In order to be named to CFI’s Million Mile Safe Drivers program, CFI’s professional drivers must have a consecutively spotless safety record on the road. An accident of any form, even if the driver is not at fault, will reset their safety mileage count. CFI recognized the drivers during an awards ceremony held recently at its headquarters in Joplin, Missouri.
Two Million Mile Safe Drivers
- Danny Robinson of El Paso, Texas began his professional driving career in 1999 after serving 14 years in the U.S. Army. He began working for CFI in 2001. CFI extends its gratitute for his military service. Danny enjoys the solitude and freedom that professional driving has to offer. He encourages other drivers to strive for perfect driving records, emphasizing safety on the road. In his free time, Danny enjoys shooting sports and spending time with his wife and two sons.
- El Paso, Texas native, Armando Rodriguez began driving for CFI in 2000. His favorite aspect of the job is making it home safely to his family and providing a quality income for them. He recommends that other motorists stay alert and off their cell phones when driving. When he isn’t driving for CFI, Armando spends time with his wife and daughter and enjoys making candles and riding his motorcycle.
One Million Mile Safe Drivers
- Veronique Boyd began her professional driving career with CFI in 2007 after previously working in the landscape irrigation industry. Her advice for staying safe and successful on the road is to always treat everyone with honor and respect. Veronique resides in Kyle, Texas, and enjoys studying her Bible and training for marathons in her free time.
- Russel Cocheu of El Paso, Texas began driving professionally in 1996, joining CFI in 2008. He loves the freedom of the open road and encourages other drivers to pay attention to everything, including their own health, the truck equipment and working conditions. When he has time off, Russel enjoys spending time with his wife, two children and two grandchildren.
- Jim Rhodes, a Pace, Florida native, began driving professionally in 1996 and joined CFI in 2010. Jim most enjoys driving through Utah and plans to achieve his goal of retiring without a safety incident by looking ahead and anticipating other drivers’ actions. When he is not on the road, Jim enjoys spending time with his wife and son, fishing and watching NASCAR.
“Road conditions, other drivers’ actions and weather are just a few of the obstacles our drivers face on the road every day,” said Tim Staroba, president of CFI. “We couldn’t be prouder of our recent class of one- and two-million milers. Their dedication to safety is something to be admired and we are grateful that they represent CFI.”
CFI (Contract Freighters, Inc.) is a leading provider of time-definite, 53-foot, dry-van truckload transportation as well as logistics services in North America. Headquartered in Joplin, Missouri, CFI has a fleet of 2,400 company tractors and 7,000 trailers in addition to an independent contractor fleet. CFI provides solo, team and dedicated trucking operations with consistent quality service. Visit CFI on the web at CFIdrive.com or call (417) 623-5229.
CFI is a wholly owned subsidiary of TFI International, Inc. TFI International Inc. is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TFII) and the OTCQX marketplace in the United States (OTCQX: TFIFF).